Broccoli Onion Swiss Quiche
CarbsPerServing:30 total recipe
3 cups chopped broccoli — cooked, drained, cooling
1/2 cup chopped onion — favorite color
3 tablespoons butter — (or less)
1 1/2 tablespoons soy flour
3/4 teaspoon salt pepper and nutmeg to taste (pinch)
1/2 cup heavy cream with enough water to equal 2/3 cup liquid
4 slices cooked bacon — crumbled or cut in small pieces
2 ounces shredded swiss cheese
How to Prepare:
9″ pie plate sprayed with non-stick spray
375 degrees, 25 minutes
- Set aside cooked broccoli
- Saute onions gently in butter, when tender add soy flour and cook a couple more minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, cream & water. Blend in salt and spices.
- Combine egg mix, prepared vegetables and cheese.
- Pour into prepared pie plate.
- Bake until puffed and browned.
Personal notes: Next time I will increase the 2 oz cheese to 4 oz because I want the swiss flavor more pronounced. Also I think this would make a great appetizer if baked in a 7 x 11″ chilled and cut into small squares, served cold or reheated. Very pretty if topped with small strips of pimento or red bell pepper laced through a slice of black olive?
NOTE. Most Ingredients in these recipes can be bought in good health food shops and grocery store. If you have trouble finding something, feel free to exchange, but keep track of the carbs.